Medi Cat Auditions

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Medi Cat Auditions

Post by The Lorax on August 5th 2010, 3:28 am

Basicly, Riverclan needs a new Medi Cat.

To enter, please make a bio using this template:

Name:

Looks:

Personality:

History:

RP Sample:

~All decisions are final.
~You can try out with only one entry.
~MAKE IT DETAILED!!!
~If I eliminate you, you can not re-enter.
~You can also try out for Medi Apprentice, but you can only try out for one. NOT BOTH!!!
~The RPer of the chosen cat and i will decide on the apprentice if there are bios put forward to be apprentice.
The Lorax
The Ocean Dweller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Medi Cat Auditions

Post by Legion on August 5th 2010, 3:53 am

Spiralpath is the meddie. *cough*
Legion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx on August 5th 2010, 10:12 am

Copied from the old site:

Name: Silvershine

Affiliate: Riverclan

Try-out for: Medicine Cat

Born:
In Windclan from random cats.

Looks:

Personality:
Very kind, beautiful she cat. She is friendly to everyone and loyal
to her clan. She loves to hunt and trys to care for
everyone.

History: Once she was in Windclan, that's why
she is so slender. She was also born there. She left the Clan shortly
after she was made a warrior, because she heard something call for
her outside of Windclan. While out she learned a lot about herbs and
how to use them and she found out that her ancestors came from
Riverclan. She followed their call and ended up there. Now she tries
to help her new old Clan as a warrior. She also helps the medicine
cat much. (As Brightheart did with Leafpool)

RP Sample:
Silvershine sniffed the air. It was clear and fresh. The sun shone and the sky was bright, no sign of rain.
It was a good day to stock up her piles in the medicine cat den.
After the journey some cats needed herbs to get better, so she needed to restock. She hoped that no cat gets hurt or ill very soon, but she could not be cautious enough. Maybe a queen will kit and needs herbs to sooth her down? Maybe an apprentice gets hurt during training? Or a badger attacks the camp? She needed to be prepared for such cases.

She padded thourgh the camp and to the entrance in the territory. She decided to restock her cobwebs first. Cobwebs were good for bloody injouries to suck up the blood. She headed out for some trees and looked at the branches. She found some cobwebs in an instant and caught them. She digged a whole and put them in there. Since she's going to collect a lot of herbs, she needs to come multiple times anyway.

The next one was borage. Borage is the most common herb against fever. Silvershine looked around and found the flower. Greenleaf is in it's heigth, so the flower was still fresh. the blossom looked like a star. Silvershine carefully bit some of the leaves and headed back to where the cobwebs were burried. There she added the borage leaves.
As she finished, she felt that she got thirsty, so she headed to the river which flows through Riverclan's whole territory. She drank abit and looked for Watermint next. Watermint grew, as the name indicated, near the water and was best used against bellyaches of all kind. She didn't need to go far to find the purple plant. She took some of the leaves and burried them, too.

What do I need the most now?, Silvershine thought. Then she remembered to stock up her catmint piles. Catmint was extremly rare and valuable for medicine cats, since it is used to cure Whitecough and Greencough, which can often occur during leafbare. Unfortunatelly, during leafbare there was no catmint, so she needed to collect some now, where there still are many leaves on a plant.
She headed deeply into the territory and sniffed the air. There it was - the faint scent of catmint. She followed the scent until she reached a plant. It was in full growth so she could take some more leaves. The scent was tantalising. Every cat loved catmint, and too much can make a cat go crazy and lose control of its body and senses for a while. She tried to hurry, so that she won't inhalate too much of the scents. She needs a clear head to find other herbs as well.

Later in greenleaf, when leaffall is really near, she needs to look out for Poppy. The mostly orange flower has it's seeds in it after the blossom fades, which is mostly in late greenleaf. It was still too early to collect massive amounts of the herb, which is used to soothe pain and give a good night's sleep to a cat.
Goldenrod blooms in late Greenleaf, too. The poor elders need goldenrod the most, since it is used against aching joints and stiffness. She still has a bit of it, so there was no need to hurry.
Instead, she looked for chamomile. The clan needs chamomile now the most. It is used to strength and calm a cat and is often used as a travelling herb.

It's true that the clan was getting stronger in the new territory, with much more prey and not such a bad weather, but some cats, who react sensible to the change in their lives are still fealing a bit lax and anemic. They could do with chamomile to strengthen them up. The plant grew nearly everywhere so it was easy to collect them.

Then she began to dig out her other herbs and take as much as possible in her jaws. If I just had an apprentice..., she thought. I could do with a helping paw who helps me collect herbs, take them back and pile them up in the new den. The clan's healthy now, but when Greencough and Whitecough makes their runs in leafbare I have all paws full of work...
She entered her den and began to stock up the herbs she had gathered. She needed to return multiple times to her whole to bring home everything she had gathered.
Satisfacted, she decided to take a big fish. She was gone the whole day and had a lot of hunger. She took a fish and laid down infront of her den. It's lonely in my den without an apprentice, too. I wonder who will be the right cat?, Silvershine thought. She looked up in the orange sky, the sun began to set. StarClan, please, send me an omen which cat will be the next medicine cat. Riverclan has too many, too good cats, how could I possibly know? Please send me the cat..., she thought.

------

I didn't know what to write as an RP sample, so I decided I send Silvershine out to gather herbs. I didn't want to powerplay, so I couldn't feign injuries or an attack or something.
I hope this is still alright.

Oh, I wanted to add something: Since I'm in the try-outs for the WiC deputy. If it comes to terms that one can only has one high spot, I would be more interested in the WiC deputy. But I entered this try-out, too, in case somebody else becomes deputy. I already tryed to become MedCat Apprentice with Silvershine once, but I don't know what happened to this try-out, so I thought I throw her in again.

Last edited by Lynx on August 5th 2010, 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lynx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by River on August 5th 2010, 10:58 am

Spiralpath is basically dead meat.
River

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Legion on August 5th 2010, 11:33 am

She was always dead meat. But now she's dead meat with herbs.
Legion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx on August 5th 2010, 1:32 pm

yummie... dead meat with herbs...
Lynx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Naruto on August 5th 2010, 2:21 pm

Yeah... I thought Spiral was dead?

Naruto
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Legion on August 5th 2010, 2:28 pm

She never died. I was joking.
Legion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lorax on August 5th 2010, 3:13 pm

... I think me and Riber aggreed that Spiral was like, caput...
The Lorax
The Ocean Dweller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Legion on August 5th 2010, 3:16 pm

But she never died... So technically she is still the medicine cat.
Legion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bee on August 5th 2010, 3:44 pm

Can I make a new kitty to be meddie apprentice? C:
Bee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by River on August 5th 2010, 5:58 pm

Spiralpath should be dead. x3
River

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lorax on August 5th 2010, 6:09 pm

We'll pretend that Silvershine was medi the whole time. And yes bumble, as long as Lynx is ok with it, your medi apprentice. I think this will be the only bio we'll get for this...
The Lorax
The Ocean Dweller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Legion on August 5th 2010, 6:10 pm

She should. But sadly...

Maybe I should make her commit suicide, later on.

And Cheese... HELLO! SPIRALPATH IS THE MEDDI! Who will die in five seconds.
Legion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lorax on August 5th 2010, 6:18 pm

Wait no, apparently Kiwi wants to try out, I think

So I might keep these up for a while. Plus if you want medi cat apprentice you also need to make a bio for the cat... On here so I and the medi can choose.
The Lorax
The Ocean Dweller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Legion on August 5th 2010, 7:05 pm

Spiralpath is dead. HALLELUJAH
Legion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwiattack on August 5th 2010, 8:42 pm

Name: Greenember

Looks:
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/631/russianx.gif

Personality: Greenember does not have the typical medicine cat personality. She has little or no compassion within her, she saves lives because she hates to see unescessary death. Although this sort of detachment would help her in the case of a sick or injured cat dying, it cripples he ability to work work and connect well with patients. Her range of emotion is very shallow. She is a quiet cat who prefers hunting alone instead of with others. She's also very ponderous and thoughtful. Every line of her speech (unless very flustered) is carefully planned out ahead of time. She became a medicine cat because of her abilities as a healer, and because she felt that it was a better suited way for her to help her clan. She is rigidly determined to be succesful at whatever she does.

History: She was born to a typical Riverclan couple, or so everyone thought. Her birth was, however, odd in the fact that no one saw her being born. The grey kit with blazing green eyes simply appeared in the nursury. Her mother left the nursury about a moon after Greenember's birth because her milk wouldn't come. Greenember was always skeptical of her so called mother. She still wonders to this day who her real parents were.

RP Sample: (uughhh)

The cold wind was insinuating. It whipped around the she-cat, nearly knocking her legs out from under her. Flecks of snow plastered hard into her face, making sight nearly impossible. The only thing she could fully make out was the full moon, bright and glaring above her. She let out a low grunt and continued forcing her way through the frigid landscape. There were many others around her, although she couldn't see or hear any of them.

As she plodded on she felt something something brush against her belly fur. It was warm, yet only slightly. A shiver wracked the being's body, breaking off some of the snow and ice that clung to it's pelt. The being beneath the snow was a kit, a rather large kit at that. The she-cat blinked her glowing optics slowly. The young cat beside her smelled like a Thunderclan cat, although it was hard to tell with so many cat scents weaving through the wind. The strange kit didn't move. The only thing that signified whether it was alive or dead was the slight rise and fall of it's chest.

The she-cat looked around. No one was to be seen. A yowl here would just be lost on the wind. She surveyed the area around her once more, just to be sure that there was no one else who could help. Should she even be saving this kit from another clan? A little uncertainly she nestled beside the fsnow encrusted kit. Wait. Should she try to warm him up or try to carry him back to the others? She didn't know if she could find the other cats in time, let alone lift this hulking thing up. She could attempt to find some other cats, then lead them back to the kit, but then she probably couldn't find him again. With a quiet sigh she nestled closer to the bundle of fur beside her. Within a few moments a thin mew escaped the other cat's jaws. Then, all of a sudden the cat rose to it's paws. It stumbled for a moment, then shook it's long pelt until it was free of most snow and ice. At the sight of the she-cat it looked baffled. It's mouth didn't move but the question was evident. Who are you? And where did you come from? "I'm Greenember, of Riverclan," the she-cat said. Her voice sounded scratchy, possibly from lack of use. The kit nodded.

"I'm Terrakit, of Thunderclan," the kit replied tersely. Greenember nodded curtly. This kit, Terrakit, was strange. She had expected him to have started whining for his mother by now. Several moments passed before either spoke.

"We should continue walking," she mewed, a slight edge to her voice. Shouldn't this tom thank her or something? She had just saved his life after all. Maybe he just didn't realize it. She didn't know how far behind they were from the others now, but being behind at all in this weather would be deadly. With a simple wave of her tail she began striding off, the young tom at her side.

The duo resumed their trek through the freezing frontier. As they moved farther along the snow seemed to get deeper and deeper until it was up to their belly fur. Greenember was exhausted, and she could by the unsurness of Terrakit's step that he was too. Yet they couldn't rest. In this weather falling asleep alone (or even in a small group) could be dangerous. The snow would blanket around the still bodies, eventually making an impenatrable wall between the cat beneath it and the outside world. Greenember shuddered at the thought. What a terrible way to die.

A huge shape loomed over the black-blue horizon. It was a mountain, coldy illuminated by the glow of the moon. As they got closer the sheer magnitude of the mountains came into view. They were taller than any tree in Thunderclan, vaster than any moor in Windclan... It was a truly magnificient, terrifying sight. The wind seemed to stand still for a moment to let Greenember gaze upon the mountain's magesty.

Suddenly a terrible cry broke the air. It almost sounded like the howling of the wind, only higher and somehow more menacing. A huge shape swooped at the edge of her vision. She felt her fur bristling. Terrakit appeared to be put on edge by this strange creature too. Greenember felt something brush against her shoulder. With a low snarl she swung around ready to lash at the attacker. Insead of some terrifying beast behind her it was another cat. A Riverclanner like her. The cat looked taken aback by the show of hostility, yet did not retaliate. Eyes wide the cat spoke, "The other cats are all in a cleft resting. Y-you need to come to."

Greenember let her fur lie flat, atlhough she was still uneasy about the sight of the large creature. "Yes, let's go Terrakit." So the duo headed back to the others and rested. Or at least tried to...

END. fail. XD

Last edited by kiwiattack on August 6th 2010, 12:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
kiwiattack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Legion on August 5th 2010, 8:43 pm

Ew...
Legion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwiattack on August 5th 2010, 8:45 pm

What?
kiwiattack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lorax on August 5th 2010, 8:57 pm

Ok!!! I have confuzzled myself, here is the full rule and stuff:

~ Each person can only submit one bio.
~ The Bio can not be of an already existing cat, unless it is a kit, that wants to become apprentice.
~ All decisions are final.
~ Once all the bios are submitted, I will go through them and select the best.
~ IF there is no bios for the medi appprentice, then I will choose the second best bio, with the help of the RPer of the chosen medi.

If you are chosen as Medi apprentice, I will pm you...
The Lorax
The Ocean Dweller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwiattack on August 5th 2010, 8:59 pm

Okay, I'm not going to be able to be on for a long time after tonight so... When are you going to decide?
kiwiattack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Legion on August 5th 2010, 9:00 pm

Yo, Cheese. Can I kill Shadowstar?
Legion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celeste~ on August 5th 2010, 9:08 pm

I wanna try out! *raises hand and waves it round*

Name: Dewshine

Looks: She is a golden she-cat. She has a golden-brown stripe on her back which leads to some small, thin stripes running down her back. Her eyes are crystal blue. Her belly and the tips of her paws and tail are snowy white.

Personality: Dewshine is caring. She likes to make others feel better, which she will do before herself. She can have a sense of humour, if you get her at the right time. She always likes to catch up with her clanmates and she is always willing to share tounges - if she's not dealing with a paitient, who she will give her life to protect. She is extremely loyal and no-one can doubt that she will spend her last breath defendding her clan.

History:

RP Sample:

I am not finished yet, but I will finish it ASAP. I would now, but the schoolbell rang, so I will soon!
Celeste~

View user profile http://www.chickensmoothie.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Legion on August 5th 2010, 9:08 pm

You don't have a chance...
Legion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by River on August 5th 2010, 9:21 pm

*agrees*